About Me

My photo
I'm a student at University of South Alabama Majoring in Health Education.

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Bye Class B and Dr. Strange!

To my fellow students of Class B:

First of all I would like to say thank you for a great semester. I really loved the fact how you put up with my crazy ideas and questions. You will all make great teachers someday, it was a privilege to get to work w
ith all of you. Stay in contact with me, I'll be posting at least once a month on theEDM310 Alumni Blog , I look forward to hearing your comments and to hearing about your current endeavours and adventures. I thought I'd end this farewell with one of my favorite poems.

Success by: Ralph Waldo Emerson or Bessie Stanley (the true poet is still a mystery!)

To laugh often and much;

To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children;

To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends;

To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others;

To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition;

To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived.

This is to have succeeded.


Dr. Strange:

Thank you so much for all that you have taught me or should I say, made me teach my self. Thank you for letting me venture outside of the box, not get to back in it, and burn it when I was done, and to try and stay away from boxes all together ( I can see you've done this and it's worked out quite well!)... This class was a unique, challenging, and fun which made it a great experience. Thank you for being so dedicated to us and knowing all of our names. I can't thank you enough. Good luck and I look forward to observing the evolution of EDM 310.

2 comments:

  1. Poppy,

    The best to you! Thank you for sharing that poem. This is the kind of stuff that I just L-O-V-E about college - learning from my peers. Have a great summer! I hope to see you as my scouts love Ms. Poppy!

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! No boxes for either of us!

    And the poem (whomever it is by)... I had never seen or read it. What a fantastic conclusion to a very successful semester. Thank you for the major role you played in it!

    ReplyDelete